Did you know that testimonials are one of the most important things to include on your website? They can easily be forgotten but some studies suggest that up to 70% of people trust a brand more after reading a positive review. Testimonials build credibility and customers buy from brands they trust.
There are a two ways I like to display testimonials for my clients. 1) Having a page devoted to them (See example) or 2) Sprinkling them throughout your site so that as viewers are reading your content, they also see the nice things people are saying about you (See example).
Asking for a testimonial can be a little nerve racking, you may feel like you are bothering the person but typically, if people are happy with the product or service you provided they are willing to help. I also recommend sending a request for feedback form as soon as the project is done. For example, I have built into my process that once final files are delivered I check in a few days later asking how things are going and if they would please filling out my questionnaire. Below are two examples of how to ask for a testimonial.
Asking for a testimonial at the end of a project:
I hope you are enjoying your [PROJECT/PRODUCT NAME]. I wanted to check in about any feedback you might have. Your opinion is valuable to me, please be honest with your feedback as I use it as an opportunity to grow and better my business. I also invite you to review me on Yelp [INCLUDE LINK], "Like" my Facebook page [INCLUDE LINK] and follow me on Instagram [INCLUDE LINK].
- How well did I handle your project(s)?
- How well did I stick to the timeline with the project(s)
- Is there anything I could have done to make your experience working with me better?
- If you are happy with the work I completed for you, I would love to tell others about your experience! Would you consider leaving a testimonial for my website and promotional materials?
Asking for a testimonial when updating your website:
I hope you are well!
I am in the process of updating my website and want to include some feedback from past clients like you. I am wondering if you would be willing to provide a testimonial about your experience with [PROJECT\PRODUCT NAME]?
Feel free to write whatever you'd like but if you need a prompt, please consider some of the following questions.
- What prompted you to work with me/buy my product?
- How did my service/product benefit you?
- How would you describe my services/product to someone who is looking for the same thing?
- Would you recommend my product/service to someone looking for the same thing?
After they have given you the testimonial always make sure to say thank you and let them know how much it means to you.
Have testimonials helped you grow your sales? Leave a comment and tell me all about it!